British Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Code of ConductAll members of the BSCH sign and adhere to the following code of conduct:
- I do hereby agree to these rules and regulations regarding my membership of the above Professional Body.
- I shall at all times conduct my professional activities with the propriety and dignity becoming a servant of the public.
- I shall not, under any circumstances, infringe the code of morality becoming my profession and shall not commit any breach of conduct that would adversely reflect upon myself, the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis, or upon my fellow practitioners.
- I shall not, under any circumstances, offer or promise cures for any conditions.
- I shall not give any performance or display that presents hypnosis as a means of entertainment (e.g. Stage Hypnosis).
- I shall never enter into a sexual relationship with a patient under my care.
- I shall endeavour to keep my patients' affairs confidential, the law of the land not withstanding.
- I shall accept that any patient referred to me by a Medical Practitioner remains the clinical responsibility of that Medical Practitioner and therefore shall agree to keep that Medical Practitioner and other relevant agencies up to date with written report(s) of the patient's progress.
- I shall under no circumstances advise my patients to discontinue any course of treatment as prescribed by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- I shall at all times respect the integrity of other recognised health care professionals. I shall not claim to have qualifications or credentials I have not earned. Neither shall I use designated letters to which I am not entitled. The title "Dr." shall not be used unless I have a bona fide Medical or Academic Qualification from a Medical or Educational Establishment.
- I shall not become or remain a member of any organisation that has been exposed to public scrutiny as dangerous or fraudulent or which in any way causes detriment to the profession of Hypnotherapy. I accept the authority of the Executive Council regarding any breach of the above Code of Conduct. I understand that the Executive Council can suspend or terminate my membership for infringement of the above Code in accordance with Rule 5 of the Constitution of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis. I solemnly promise to abide by the above Code of Conduct.